Why We Fundraise
It's simple, really: to cure cancer. Paceline's mission is to engage the community to team together in fun and innovative fundraising for the Georgia Cancer Center and Augusta University to prevent, fight, and cure cancer.
100% of All Rider Fundraising Goes to Fund Critical Research and Survivorship at the Georgia Cancer Center.
Why the Georgia Cancer Center?
The Georgia Cancer Center’s (GCC) mission is to reduce the burden of cancer in the State of Georgia and across the globe through superior care, innovation, and education. The GCC is made up of the M. Bert Storey Research Building, the Outpatient Services clinic, the Radiation Oncology Center, and sections of Augusta University Medical Center. Research at the Georgia Cancer Center continues to focus on the most promising pathways for the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- GCC scientists benefit from the Georgia Cancer Center Tumor Tissue and Serum Repository, which includes a variety of specimen types.
- GCC serves as a statewide repository for samples collected from 14 participating sites throughout the state of Georgia as part of the Bio-Repository Alliance of Georgia for Oncology.
- GCC opened an expansion to the Storey Research Building and added a building suspended over Laney Walker Boulevard that connects the research happening in our facility to the patients looking for tomorrow’s cancer treatment today.
- GCC had 63,434 patients visit in FY 2017.
- GCC’s clinical operation consists of nine service lines including blood/hematologic cancer; brain cancer/neuro-oncology; breast cancer; gastrointestinal cancer; prostate/genitourinary cancer; gynecologic cancer; head & neck cancer; lung/thoracic cancer; and pediatric cancer.
- GCC houses a dedicated cancer clinical research unit that oversees the center’s own Phase I-IV trials and manages studies from throughout the medical center offered in conjunction with oncology departments such as radiology and gynecologic oncology.
- GCC manages Georgia’s only minority-focused research program (NCORP).